Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Welcome! Let's have fun )

I've been a fortunate girl. I've worked for amazing legendary radio stations. I've learned so much from fabulous coworkers and managers. I've been able to love what I do everyday for the last 13 years. This is the first time I've experienced being "let go". It is something you can't understand until you've exerienced it. I've seen this happen to many a coworker, a friend. You feel bad for them and you offer support in any way you can, but you can't possibly imagine what's going through their heads and hearts. That is, until you go through it yourself.
Life goes into chaos mode and you really have to try to keep clear, rational & professional thoughts in and the emotional, overly dramatic thoughts out as best you can. Otherwise you can lose it and have an even harder time keeping your head on straight and focussing on moving forward. I'm only 48 hours in but I'm trying very hard to keep things level.
When life was "normal" I would spend hours on the internet every day keeping track of everything entertaining. All to use in some way on my radio show. Wether it was just a quick reminder of when an artist was releasing new music or even a YouTube Video of something funny that I could include on my radio station blog. It's called "show prep" in the radio world. A good radio DJ is doing show prep 24 hours a day. Thinking of using anything from the entertainment world, or life experiences on their show. I realized that in the last 2 days of tears, phone calls, emails & research on unemployment, I truly MISSED this aspect of my daily routine. This blog will be theraputic for me and will be a great way for you to still enjoy the treats I find entertaining! Hope you enjoy this. Let's have some fun!


One of the things that stood out to me today was a fan video of Taylor Swift's concert in Chicago. One of the very unique and admirable things Taylor is doing on her tour is recognizing artists from the town she is playing in. She teaches herself how to play that artists song on the guitar before reaching that city and "covers" or performs that artists popular song in her own way. She pays homage to the towns stars. While in Chicago she performed a song from Rock bad Fall Out Boy. I love when Country singers cover other artists songs. It's one of my guilty pleasures. Enjoy Taylor's version of Sugar We're Goin Down Swingin'. (try to ignore the girl taking the video - she sings a lot) :)




Taylor's new video for Sparks Fly features awesome concert footage!

sf from Taylor Swift on Vimeo.

Lady Antebellum gave me the comic relief I needed today. They along with Colt Ford, spoofed Jason Aldean's Dirt Road Anthem. All I gotta say is "club sandwich y'all!" LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment