Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Well, that was a first!
For me at least. The 5.9 magnitude earthquake that centered in Virginia felt from South Carolina to Canada and out to Ohio and back. My experience in Frederick, Maryland scared me to the bone. I was sitting on a couch catching up on the news of the day and heard a low rumble that got a little louder and felt a quick jerk of the house. My dog started barking, the cats jumped up from their sleep and went nutts. I thought a big truck hat plowed into the front of the house. Being that I was in the back room of the house I started to get up to go check but before I could stand up the second wave came it was what scared me the most! The furniture moved, the lights were swaying. It felt like the basement was moving one way and the rest of the house was moving the other way. The noises of the walls & windows moving and rattling shook me the most. I described it on Facebook as a giant standing in the driveway kicking the house or trying to push it over. I hate to say this but a bomb or attack of some sort went thru my mind before earthquake too. Well, who would have thunk it? I didn't have cell service for over an hour and that takes the level of anxiousness higher. When you can't check on people or check in with others, nerves get the best of you. Go figure, I had access to Facebook, but no phone. That was an experience to say the least!

"C'mon! Everybody Cut Loose"
I haven't talked much about, but am really looking forward to the new Footloose remake. It will be in theaters Oct 14th. Julianne Hough, Dennis Quaid and newcomer Kenny Wormald star in the new version of the old classic. They claim to be staying very true to the original which is good news. I have to say I'm probably just as excited about the soundtrack! Great article about the movie and soundtrack CLICK HERE. Check out the listing of familiar Country/Rock/Pop singers covering such classic songs:
1. Footloose – Blake Shelton2. Where The River Goes – Zac Brown3. Little Lovin’ – Lissie
4. Holding Out For A Hero – Ella Mae Bowen
5. Let’s Hear It For The Boy – Jana Kramer
6. So Sorry Mama – Whitney Duncan7. Fake I.D. – Big & Rich feat. Gretchen Wilson8. Almost Paradise – Victoria Justice & Hunter Hayes9. Walkin’ Blues – Cee Lo Green feat. Kenny Wayne Shepherd10. Window Paine – The Smashing Pumpkins11. Suicide Eyes – A Thousand Horses
12. Dance The Night Away – David Banner



Idol Season 9 Finalist releases debut!
Casey James released his first single "Let's Don't Call It a Night" is now available on iTunes. Casey will also be touring with Sugarland! CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO HIS DEBUT SINGLE.
I found a video interview with Casey talking about fans, touring and his music!

No comments:

Post a Comment